Set a goal, they say…
Visualize it coming to fruition, they say…
Develop consistent, healthy habits, they say…
Then you shall reach your goals.
But let’s be real for a second.
How many times have you taken all of the steps to get back in shape and weight just isn’t falling off?
I feel that.
One day you’re in full control and the next, your goals have gone from portion control and mindful eating to …how many donuts do you think I can fit in my mouth?
Want to know the secret to how I actually started to change my relationship with food and eating healthy?
Ok, there’s more than just one….
But let’s start here, with these suggestions that have changed the way I look at food, so I have a healthy relationship with food:
– Just because I CAN or WANT something, does not mean I need to act on that desire.
– I recognize addictive foods and happily refuse them.
– Cupcakes and kale coexist – but I don’t need too many cupcakes.
– I get pleasure from eating slowly and enjoying the meal.
– I use food to fuel my body, not reward it (for the most part!)
– My size is the least interesting thing about me.
I encourage you to say some of these mantras – or create your own – on a daily basis.
And remember, it is a healthy JOURNEY, not a race.